Wednesday, November 10, 2010

m is for mad

food allergies suck.  we can pretend that everything is hunky dory and that we are perfectly happy eating quinoa mush and drinking coffee with rice milk.  but we are lying.

over a year ago i decided that it was time to figure out what was going on with my "delicate" digestive system.  i had suffered a broad range of unpleasant symptoms for years and had finally reached my limit.

since then i've been poked and prodded and had just about every test conceivable.  i've eliminated more foods from my diet than i've kept.  i no longer eat wheat, corn, soy, dairy or legumes (and countless others).  until the last couple of weeks i was eating spelt (i've tested negative for celiac- both with the blood test and the biopsy), but after a recent round of yet another undefined ailment, i've eliminated that as well.

as you can probably tell by my snarky tone, i've lost my patience with all this.  does my digestive system feel better?  yes.  is my life better?  no.

now what?  i don't know.

No comments: