Saturday, August 28, 2010

i like white bread


there. i've said it. i like white bread. okay, okay, multigrain bread is okay sometimes (i suppose), but most of the time i prefer to leave the birdseed for the birds and enjoy the simple pleasures of plain old white bread.


when i first stopped eating wheat and started eating spelt, the only sliced sandwich breads i could find were of the dense-whole-grain variety at trader joes and whole foods. these were okay but have a slightly weird flavor (nutrition?) that competes with whatever the bread is paired with.


then one day i was perusing the gluten-free freezer section at my local whole foods and saw off to the side a little white bag.....it was white bread and it was spelt! whoo hoo!




i guess this is a long way of saying that the white spelt bread from the berlin natural bakery gets the hey spelty seal of approval!




hmm.....i think it is time for some toast......






2 comments:

Spelt Right Baking said...

Hey Spelty,

Beth here from Spelt Right. If you send me your address via my email info@speltrightbaking.com, I can send you some of our breads to sample.

Best panini press said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work.best panini machine